Thursday, February 14, 2013

an unrealistic love story

Normally, I wouldn't consider myself one for sappy romantic ways of meeting. However, I watch too much television and read too many books.

All I want is to meet someone the old fashioned way. Without any help from dating websites, apps, or dating services.

prince charming by =starlit-sky
Ideally, and might I note most unrealistically, I would meet my prince charming at a masquerade party. Like you would see in movies. It would start just with casual bump ins: the food table, the coat check, the picture line (there's always someone talking pictures right?) Conversation would develop with each run-in. Something cheesy like "we need to stop meeting like this," and seemingly flirty. Naturally since it's a masquerade neither of us would know who we're talking to. Eventually as the night wears down and people start to leave my friends I came with would be dancing with their own respective others.

That's when, in true rom-com cliche, he would find me sitting alone at a table and ask me to dance just in time for the last song. It would be great and end in a fantastic kiss.

Here's where in traditional movie fashion. Something would cause both of us to part ways without ever knowing who it was we were dancing with. Leaving the party with just the memory of meeting a great guy and having a perfect night.

Sadly with the odds of that happening, I'm better off winning the lottery in every state this side of the Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment