Friday, July 22, 2011

off the diving board

I had a dream last night.
If you know anything about me, then you know how vivid my dreams can get.

I was sitting in a class room with a bunch of other people. Some were familiar faces from my past, others completely new. A woman who ran a supply closet put a movie on, it was some horror movie. At one point the screen turned blood red and a little girl with a distorted face popped up on it. I looked away thinking i better not look, it'll scare me. The room was dark, and I guess the movie must have ended. People were sleeping at their desks and I snuck into the supply closet and took some things that were mine.
I took the wrong pen. I don't know why this mattered at the time, but I kept it in my pocket anyway.

The scene changed to a house, I was out side of it. Apart of a crime solving duo with a friend of mine, we were attempting to discover who the masked beast was terrorizing the town. The house was large and creepy, it looked as though it was built entirely of vines. This section of my dream is so fuzzy I can barley remember what happened in it. Aside form a chase, and a being shocked realizing the masked beast was really a friend of ours.

Next thing I know, I'm walking through the school, one that felt familiar, but was not one that I had ever really been too. A long line waited up to the diving boards. I was with a girl named Jordan. We were friends. She was about my height, thin, black, and had her hair up. Everyone in line knew that the school had be come home to some sort of demon. The little girl in the video. as we climbed up a dark stairwell leading to what would eventually be the high diving board about three stories up, the little girl came to us and told us that Jordan had to die. Jordan got incredibly upset, we weren't even half way there and all she could think about is what was going to happen to her. I oddly enough stayed calm the entire time. Part of me was happy it wasn't me. But I was upset that she had to go. I held her close as she let tears fall down her face.
We went up another flight of stairs, only this time I wasn't with Jordan. She turned into Alex. Alex was freaking out a little more as we got closer and closer to the diving board. It was old, a faded blue color with rust scattered on it. You can tell that someone hadn't been keeping it safe or clean for quite a few years. We never saw anyone jump the diving board but knew people were doing it.

It became our turn to jump, for some reason we both knew how she was going to die. There was a piece loose due to rust on the base of the diving board. When she was to jump, it was going to break and send her plummeting down to the iron work that held up the structure. Thinking she wasn't ready to do this. Not yet. We decided to cheat death, knowing that eventually she'll have to face it. We climbed down the structure careful not to land in the water. The I-beams soon became horizontal and we were crossing a long moat with a light fog at the base. I noticed a shore made of white rocks, a long pier like path that lead into the distance. A tall black man was helping people off paddle boats and onto the rocks. Alex and I climbed down from the I-beam and into a paddle boat. I noticed when I got on, that the water was a dark green. A rock had slipped from pier like landing and fell into the water. Instead of landing a few inches it sunk far down. I knew that water wasn't for swimming. As Alex and I pulled ourselves up on to the beach we were greeted by the man. He had a long look on his face. I'd seen him before, he was the junk guy from halloween town. "You conquered your fear by falling, you may move on to the next test," the line sounded well rehearsed. I looked at him puzzled, "but we didn't jump. That demon told us she was going to die if we did." He looked at us, but said nothing. Alex turned to me and gave me a look as though she understood. "I think I'm ready now"

Corb Kisses Boys by =jazzylemonade
We walked along the rocks until we found a way back to the stairwell. The line was longer than ever to get to the top. I looked back to find that I was no longer next to Alex, but a boy. I don't remember who he is. He turns to me and tells me something about missing his boyfriend. How hard it'll be for him. How he'll never again get to kiss him. Without thinking much we leaned in and kissed. It was fantastic. He gave me another, and told me his boyfriend was a good kisser too. Implying that I should find him. An image flashed across my mind of what his boyfriend looked like. As i looked out at the line all I could think was how I wanted him to stay. and woke up.


I wish I can remember who that guy was that I kissed. Its kinda funny actually. Even though I have a faint idea of what he looked like. The way he kissed, was of someone I know.

If I think about it, I kinda get what it all meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment